News, Events And Activities
Causes of Road Accident
MAIN CAUSES OF ROAD ACCIDENTS AND ACCIDENTAL DEATHS
- Over-speeding or driving in excess of prescribed speed limits.
- Not wearing helmets or not using seat belts - more than 80% of road accident deaths are due to the head injuries.
- Drunken driving or driving under the influence of drugs.
- Over loading of vehicles.
- Use of mobile phones or ear phones while driving/crossing the road.
- Violation of road signs, signals, traffic lights and road safety rules or many a time due to their ignorance.
- Long hours of drive, tiredness and fatigue of the driver and lack of traffic education.
- Pedestrian negligence also contributes to road accidents and endangers their own lives.